Controls Commissioning I&C
591 W 66th Street Loveland, Colorado 80538
Position Description: Controls Commissioning I&C
Reports To: Project Execution Manager
Position Overview: Responsible engineer for the implementation of control solutions (hardware and software) on a project basis as part of an engineering team. These solutions primarily include gas turbine controls driving pumps, compressors or generators in the U.S. and abroad. This individual has responsibility for working directly with customers, interfacing with the commercial sales team, providing oversight and direction to others within the project team, performing field work activities (specifically site commissionings), and working with contractors relative to their project assignments.
- Work as part of a technical team to provide control solutions in the field for assigned controls retrofit projects.
- Perform turbine control system installation supervision in support of retrofits including oversight of subcontractors for demolition, installation, and verification of new equipment at customer sites.
- Perform turbine control system site checkouts, commissioning, and system troubleshooting.
- Support clients service agreements as they relate to turbine control systems and their auxiliaries.
- Troubleshoot and test the control system in accordance with defined engineering and product standards to meet the customer’ s requirements.
- Modify pre-engineered offerings to accommodate project specific requirements.
- Participate in coordination meetings, design reviews, site engineering site audits, and customer acceptance tests.
- Assist with development of Engineering and Field Service standards and processes (written documentation for both customers and internal uses).
- Generate project documentation including, but not limited to: site risk assessments, trip reports, as well as demolition / installation and commissioning plans in support of the overall project.
- Develop and provide site-specific customer training in support of retrofits as required.
- Provide remote technical assistance in support of control system installation and commissioning.
- Assist in development of standard templates and processes to increase efficiencies and minimize re-work.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years related experience in controls field
- Solid control system knowledge and understanding of turbine theory.
- Solid understanding of prime mover applications including compression, pumps, and power generation.
- Proficient in Rockwell Automation RSLogix programming for turbine controls applications.
- Proficient in HMI programming applications including Rockwell Automation Factory Talk View, Citect, and Wonderware.
- Experience with industrial requirements and standards (NEC, ISO, UL, IEC, ATEX, CE, CSA, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely with minimal oversight.
- Strong desire to work on projects as part of a team.
- Communicates extremely well at all levels of the organization (both verbally and written).
- Significant Travel Required (85% + annually)
- Proficient in setup and programming of turbine monitoring / protection systems including Bently Vibration monitoring and Eagle Quantum Fire and Gas detection.
- Previous experience with Steam turbine control applications.
- Offshore Platform certified (BOSIET certification).
- Prior experience with applications including Woodward GAP, Honeywell Experion, and Seimens S7.