Director of Sales and Marketing
Position Summary: The Director of Sales and Marketing position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Responsibilities: Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including trade shows, print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against metrics to determine effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, sales, marketing or business administration
- 10 years’ related experience
- Knowledge of power industry
- Experience with Steam Turbine repairs/parts
Language Skills –
- Ability to read, write and speak in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors and the public
Skills and Abilities –
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent hospitability and guest relations skills
- Ability to lead the workforce
- Excellent math, verbal/written communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and use of judgement to solve problems
- Extraordinary safety focus
- Ability to perform routine duties involving use of various procedures and applications to clearly prescribed standard practices
Technology, Tools, and Equipment –
- Basic Computer, Telephone and various hand tools.
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations –
- Valid Driver’ s License
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift: Must be able to lift up to and including 50lbs
- Stand/Walk/Climb/Bend/Pull/Pushing/Stooping/Sit/See: Must be able to drive and move about all worksites
- Touch/Grasp/Feel: Must be able to manipulate all office and offsite components