EH&S Site Manager
Los Angeles, California
Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Gas fired power plant in California
Reports to: Plant Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the oversight and involvement of the plant' s Safety and Environmental Programs and supports maintenance initiatives, plant improvements, plant efficiency, and performance analysis.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements. As needed to support EHS activities, develop a knowledge of all plant operations, gas turbines, water treatment and other Balance of Plant systems
- Plans and executes plant projects as approved by plant management.
- Continuously monitors the facility to ensure that safety and environmental control equipment is performing efficiently to meet facility standards and permit limits. Review plant environmental plans, practices, routine reports and resolves any non-compliance.
- Daily spot check and critique of Safe Work Permits, Job Safety Analysis, LOTO, Confined Space, and daily work practices.
- Ensures completion of day-to-day environmental compliance at the plant, environmental monitoring, record keeping and reporting requirements, including continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) operation, data collection and reporting.
- Monitors overall compliance with plant permits, procedures, and work practices.
- Coordinate, track and (as applicable) complete all environmental tasks and activities, and communicate status to Plant Management.
- Monitor and recommend plans for compliance with safety and environmental regulatory changes that will affect the plant.
- Coordinate/conduct/document employee safety and environmental training as required.
- Investigate and follow-up on safety and environmental incidents, including hazardous material spills, air permit violations, water releases, near-misses, etc.
- Coordinate the delivery and disposal of Hazardouse Materials and Waste.
- Responsible for ensuring facility is compliant with NERC Reliability Standards.
- Assists with internal audits to ensure proper record keeping.
- Additional Duties as assigned by the plant manager
- Develop and implement EH&S procedures and policies.
- Assist in the development, review and update of Plant Operating Procedures
- Perform root cause analysis and develop and submit lessons learned as applicable.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of all CEMS calibration gases.
- First-hand involvement in the DAHS system monitoring and reporting functions.
- Work with the data acquisition and handling system (DAHS) OEM to ensure monitoring software is working properly and coordinate any necessary modifications/upgrades to the CEMS and DAHS.
Minimum Education/Experience –
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline or science related field.
- 3-5 Years of power plant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in technical writing.
- Experience in reading and interpreting civil, electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Familiar with OSHA and CAL OSHA rules and regulations.
- Familiar with South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD)
Required Credentials and/or Designations – Valid Driver’ s License.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Proficiency with personal computers and application softwares including Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and project management software.