Electrical Engineering II - Los Angeles Refinery
1660 W. Anaheim Wilmington, CA 90744
Provide Electrical Engineering and Maintenance technical expertise in all areas pertaining to plant electrical systems to ensure safe, environmentally sound and profitable operation.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Manage capital and maintenance projects which includes engineering, design, budget, schedule, construction, and interfacing with other departments and engineering firms.
• Provide technical expertise for capital and maintenance projects pertaining to refinery equipment, including power distribution systems, motor controls, switch gear, UPS systems, and substations.
• Oversee application and interpretation of the National Electric Code and other applicable codes and standards (e.g. NFPA, API).
• Oversee adherence to city and county regulations including special equipment approvals (U.L. or equal) and building permits.
• Direct and advise the application of Company standards in electrical design, equipment specification, construction and testing.
• Determine hazardous area classifications and oversee application of appropriate equipment.
• Manage electrical system expansion to provide appropriate capacity, orderly growth, reliability, maintainability and expandability.
• Make recommendations regarding reliability of standard power distribution systems and application of backup systems (e.g. emergency generators, uninterruptible power supplies).
• Manage handling of power requests and coordinate with other proposed projects or ones in progress.
• Review equipment specifications and drawings for projects pertaining to equipment location, single-line, area classification and schematic drawings.
• Recommend/approve vendors for purchase of equipment and provide technical review of bids.
• Contribute to cost estimate of projects.
• Provide long range planning for electrical long range plans.
• Assure proper instructions and training for operations use of electrical equipment, including start up, operations, shutdown, lock out and emergency conditions.
• Conduct system analysis studies (load flow, voltage drop, short circuit, relay coordination, etc.) and work to correct deficiencies.
Basic / Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
7+ years of experience
• Have a dominant safety focus.
• Complete complex assignments in a timely manner.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Registered Professional Engineer.
• Prior work experience in industrial power distribution systems.