Field Service Technical Manager
40 Nassau Terminal Road New Hyde Park, New York 11040
We are beginning a search for a field service technical working manager with the following qualifications:
• Utilizes test equipment, meters, and one’ s mechanical abilities to fire
boilers and related equipment to ensure proper operation prior to and
• Performs independent start-up of boilers and related equipment.
• Assists Service team in conducting field service calls to perform startups,
troubleshooting, or other service related activities as needed.
• Performs basic electrical and mechanical repairs on boilers and auxiliary
• Communicates well to new and existing customers to determine the
nature of boiler specific problems, provide equipment training, explain
services and operations, and provide engineering support.
• Completes required field service reports which document work
performed, nature of problems, hours worked, etc.
• Develops and maintains good customer relations and rapport. Looks for
new sales opportunities and equipment improvements. Promotes
company and its associates in a favorable way.
• Exhibits a commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
• Requires some overnight travel and overtime.
General Knowledge & Equipment Skills
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems in industrial steam and
power plant operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, contractors,
sales personnel, and other shop and service employees.
• Familiarity using electrical and mechanical testing equipment.
• Ability to use hand and power tools, combustion analyzers, and welders.
College degree in either of the following fields of study or at least 5 years of
relevant work experience:
• Facilities Engineering Technology
• Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Must possess a valid New York driver’ s license
Competitive salary package
Local 638 membership
Family covered medical and vision insurance
Paid sick leave
Ten paid holidays per year