Mechanical Engineering Designer
Mechanical Engineering Designer - Job Description:
- Perform mechanical system and component design utilizing solid modeling CAD tools. (PTC - CREO/Windchill)
- Create detailed drawings of parts and assemblies utilizing CAD tools.
- Calculate and lay out dimensions, angles, curvature of parts, materials to be used, and relationship of various parts to entire structure.
- Responsible for assuring mechanical development is created per schedule and per cost objectives.
- Generate BOMs and ECOs.
- Involved with a project/product at its infancy and support development products into production ready capacity.
- Participate with other team members and groups in generating and executing designs, project plans, estimates and schedules.
- Interact with internal and outside suppliers to procure, deliver and implement parts and designs.
- Trouble shoot and find corrective actions for " in the field" products that may experience failures.
- Ensure design compliance with industry and company standards.
- Bachelor' s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electro-mechanical design.
- Experience with designing/developing sheet metal, plastics, die casts and machined enclosures.
- Experience in design applications requiring environmental sealing, EMI sealing, thermal dissipation and vibration loads.
- Proficient with Creo (Pro/Engineering)