Senior Training Specialist
5728 Main Street Elkridge, Maryland 21075
Our Professional and Technical Services Group has an immediate opening for a Power Plant SME/Training Consultant to support Customized Client Training Solutions. We are seeking motivated, qualified, individuals to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Professionally represent organization' s products and services to our domestic and international energy clients.
- Work collaboratively with our Operations and Business Development teams to identify opportunities, lead projects and expand business with existing clients
Typical projects and tasks would include:
- Design and develop training program materials and other supporting documentation;
- Conduct technical instructor-led training
- Work with clients to design and implement customized solutions
- Perform Operational Excellence and Training Assessments/Analysis to determine the best solutions for power industry clients
- Lead projects and programs to support external clients and internal initiatives
- Be able to serve in multiple roles, including, but limited to, consultant, SME, project lead, developer, and instructor
- Career growth opportunities related to this position are available in the areas of client/account management, consulting, and operations leadership
- Minimum of five years hands-on or relative experience in operations, maintenance and/or related training in (oil, gas, and coal fired Rankine cycle Units), combined- / simple (aeroderivative) Brayton cycle Units, or renewables power generation (wind, solar, hydro).
- Navy Nuclear Power Training or technical degree is desired
We are seeking subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Power plant operations (coal-fired, simple cycle, combined cycle, and renewable technologies)
- Power plant environmental, health, and safety
- Power plant instrumentation and controls
- Power plant chemistry
- Power plant performance
- Ability to interpret client needs and propose innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be highly productive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment
- Motivated to exceed client expectations with high-quality work products that are delivered on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and resolve issues to achieve intended outcomes
- Proven technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications; working knowledge of SharePoint, Visio, and Project a plus
- Strong presentation and public speaking abilities – demonstrated ability to both instruct classes and also present effectively to executive leadership
- Strong organizational skills
Fluency in Spanish or French a plus
- Will consider remote (home office) employment for individuals with specialized skills and experience, and for those willing to travel more than 50% of the time with periods of international travel
- Estimated travel is 30-50%, domestic and international to support assignments as needed.