Administrative Assistant - Refining
1380 San Pablo Ave Rodeo, CA 94572
The Administrative Assistant supports the GM, Refining Business Improvement and direct staff. The selected candidate will be a key contributor to the strategic goals of the business from an administrative capacity.
Responsibilities may include:
• Performing a wide range of administrative duties in a fast-paced environment.
• Dealing with sensitive and confidential information with limited supervision.
• Interacting with internal staff and external business contacts, e.g., reliably answering & returning phone calls and escorting visitors; understanding basic roles of the assigned staff groups so callers can be referred to the right people.
• Scheduling meetings as well as catering arrangements, e.g., organizing appropriately-sized rooms, ensuring supplies and technology are available for the meeting (e.g. white boards/flip charts, projectors, video conference, as required), ordering food as required in appropriate quantities (reconfirm in-person attendance), maintaining meeting agenda and materials, organizing meeting times that are acceptable for the attendees; resolving conflicts as necessary, document and distribute meeting minutes.
• Drafting correspondence (emails and letters) for the GM.
• Creating, revising, analyzing proof-reading, and distributing various types of documents, presentations, and spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Preparing monthly and quarterly reports as required, i.e., safety, expenses, compliance verification, audits, etc.
• Creating, managing and maintaining various SharePoint and Intranet sites.
• Making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries and managing calendars.
• Managing office supply inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
• Maintaining personnel information and organization charts.
• Distributing mail and arranging shipment of packages.
• Facilitating and promoting the annual records organization campaign (DRM - Document Retention Management)). Maintain master records lists.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• High school diploma/GED
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Outlook and Sharepoint (perform the skill with limited assistance)
• 3+ years of experience in administrative support
• Willing to work overtime when required
• Advanced level of communication skills, both verbal and written
• Professional manner in dealing with colleagues and external parties
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow-up in a multi-faceted work environment, including managing unplanned/critical tasks at the same time
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively as this job requires frequent diverse interface with all levels of management
• Highly effective time-management skills; delivers results on-time with high quality standards.
• Strong work ethic, takes initiative to take on and learn new tasks, high energy level
• Knowledge of Livelink Document Management features for classifying, storing, and retrieving documents
• Model team leadership behaviors with peers
• Recent work experience in dealing with building facilities-managing office space, including telephone and computer set-up
• Networking skills such as the ability to build networks in an organization
• Proficient (perform the skills with limited assistance) with SAP, Livelink/EDMS and CATS.