Business Unit Director
25 Northpointe Parkway Suite 100 Amherst, New York 14228
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Strategies is seeking a Software Product Manager for its industry-leading e-learning platform, GPiLearn+™. GPiLearn+ is used by the global energy industry for providing technical content, learning management, and workforce learning analytics. The position being filled is responsible for the vision and profitability of the GPiLearn+ platform and will work closely with senior leadership to create business strategies that ensure the product’ s long term sustainability.
The GPiLearn+ Product Manager is responsible for coordinating activities related to product development, marketing, sales, delivery, and support. These include:
- Collaborating with GP’ s marketing team to develop messaging and product promotions.
- Supporting GP’ s business development team with product information, demonstrations, and solution definition.
- Directly supervising content development and platform management teams.
- Maintaining and expanding product roadmap defining short- and long-term releases.
- Seeking and analyzing potential partner relationships leading to revenue growth.
- Identifying opportunities for leveraging the GPiLearn+ platform for non-traditional offerings.
- Integrating third-party content and applications.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on the GPiLearn+ platform and markets it serves.
- In concert with business development team, making customer-facing presentations describing strategic benefits of the product and implementation methodologies.
- Making monthly financial reports to management on product and service-related contracts.
- Acting as GPiLearn+ product champion within the company.
The successful candidate will have strong people and communications skills and be able to establish the respect of senior management, clients and colleagues. In addition, candidates will have a good understanding of the human and technical environments in which on-line learning solutions such as the GPiLearn+ platform operate and be able to advise clients of best practices. Further qualities and attributes for success in this role include:
- Ability to work under pressure while prioritizing efforts to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplined teams and influence outcomes.
- Ability to get the root of a matter by separating what’ s important from what isn’ t.
- Manage conflicts in a professional and constructive manner.
- Ability to see the “ big picture” when faced with competing priorities and challenges.
- Be informed of the latest on-line and learning technologies and methodologies.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience with some postsecondary education.
- Product management certification a plus.
Skills & Experience: Three or more years of experience in software product management, ideally in the education industry.