Service Manager - Burners
619 Industrial Road Wichita, Kansas 67037
Job Title: Service Manager
Manage the Service Department personnel who perform routine services including installation, maintenance and repair of commercial sized burner systems for boilers. Oversees the scheduling and training of the service technicians. Develops methods, guidelines and policies to facilitate efficient service delivery. Ensure all customer issues are satisfactorily resolved utilizing engineering, manufacturing and other departments as needed.
- Assess customer needs and resolve issues or schedule technician visits as required.
- Work with accounting to properly account for and bill all expenses associated with Service jobs.
- Develop and deliver training for the service technicians.
- Be actively involved in hiring and training of new service personnel.
- Make design recommendations that will reduce problems in the field and lower costs.
- Maintain well organized written reports and project records in such a manner that the results can be analyzed and used by others.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly and functional work area at all times, insure compliance with all safety rules and standards.
- Possess excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and have good problem solving.
- Ability to identify problems and provide good solutions for the same.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess an electrical and electronic knowledge base, proven mechanical abilities with basic assembly and wiring knowledge and use of hand tools.
- Ability to follow safety rules with a focus on Quality.
- Travel as needed to resolve issues at customer sites, assist in start-ups, and perform field service and burner application testing.
- Interact with customers positively to resolve field problems, satisfy the needs of customers while minimizing the costs and liabilities of the company.
- Ability to turn customer feedbacks into R&D Roadmap.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in combustion designs, including methods for improving stability, emissions, efficiency, firing rate control, and cost.