365 Upland Drive Tukwila, WA 98188
The production planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’ s productive capacity.
- Gather and analyze demand requirements and enter data into JDE to construct a build schedule.
- Identify potential production bottlenecks, such as lack of capacity or purchased items, and work with buyers and the Manufacturing staff to resolve roadblocks.
- Promises ship dates on sales orders with considering capacity planning and material availability.
- Review complex bills of material (BOM’ s) to identify part shortages and balance work cells.
- Create and release all work orders as required to satisfy demand for manufactured items.
- Expedite operations to prevent schedule delay and meet unforeseen conditions.
- Assist the Purchasing department with product line planning and forecasting.
- Develop the Rental Fleet and Sales Forecast in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting, and Finance.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Prepare Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis and weekly stocking plan reports.
- Work with the Materials department to schedule work order picking as required.
- Agent for continuous process and I.T. infrastructure improvement for the Supply Chain department.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with JD Edwards (MRP, Planning, and Scheduling).
- Familiarity with fabrication and machine shop practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with Visual Basic programming (Excel and Access) and ODBC connectivity to the AS/400.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with personnel ranging from the manufacturing workforce to senior executives.
- Effective problem solver with a “ can do” attitude. Builds strong relationships.
- Ability to stay in control under pressure and make critical decisions.
- Skilled at organizing collaborative initiatives to solve problems.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of supply chain experience desired.
- Knowledge of relational databases and VBA programming a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business Administration or related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and have clarity of vision. The employee is required to use the arms to reach and hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.