RLP Ethylene -- Rigging and Lifting Coordinator
Doha, Ad Dawhah 77381 QA
RIGGING AND LIFTING COORDINATOR
- Act as owner’s representative and monitor all Rigging and Lifting activities and ensure that EPC Contractors comply with HSE, Quality and Construction requirements.
- Read and understand the contract requirements, relevant project specifications and codes and standards as applicable.
- Review all contractor Lift and Rigging Plans and ensure that they meet safe lifting requirements as laid out in RLP HSES policies and standards.
- Participate in the planning and execution of all Critical and Complex Lift activities.
- Monitor contractor lift planning and execution activities to ensure that all lifting activities are carried out safely and competently.
- Maintain constant presence on site and monitor and report on contractor activities.
- Perform audits of lifting equipment inspections, testing and certification activities.
- Participate in lifting operation incident investigations and analysis within assigned areas as required.
- Randomly inspect rigging equipment.
- Attend daily and weekly construction coordination and interface meetings as required.
- Review Method Statements, JSAs (Job safety Analysis), submittals and other construction documents.
- Identify potential Engineering and Construction issues in the field and coordinate with contractors in resolving and/or escalating issues for timely resolution.
- Actively participate in fostering a positive team culture and excellence in project delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Lifting Specialist Certification by recognized local or international institutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of relevant Petrochemical or Oil & Gas experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Possess a good understanding of engineering and construction practices in the Petrochemical and Oil & Gas projects.
- LEEA-APLO and NEBOSH IGC Certification